Why you should carry out an English language audit?
So you’re searching for a job and you keep seeing everywhere that you need fluent English if you want to apply for a position. But you have no idea what your current level is.
Can you really send your CV without knowing whether your English is good enough?
You might have taken some language exams when you were in high school, but that was years ago…
You’ve probably taken some multiple-choice language level tests online. But do the results really reflect your level in English? And is it really the kind of English the company expects you to speak?
No more questions. No more doubts.
Before you apply for a job where English is a must, let’s carry out an English language audit to find out whether you have the right language skills for the position.
What happens during an English language audit?
- We’ll assess not just your language skills but also what you can do with your English.
Because what matters to companies is not whether you know the grammar rules about the present perfect. What really counts is whether you can use the language to do your job effectively. And that’s what they’re going to test during the recruitment process as well.
Your language audit will help you understand what your current level is (based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). That way, you’ll know exactly what to write in your CV.
- We’ll assess your skills in all areas of English: listening, writing, reading, and speaking.
- You’ll also do some common job-related tasks related to real-life situations in English.
What does the English language audit contain?
- A 60-minute 1:1 session where we’ll assess your speaking and listening skills as well as your pronunciation
- Plus a set of 30-minute writing and reading exercises specifically designed for the job you’re applying for
- A set of multiple-choice exercises based on the Common European Framework of Languages (60 mins in total)
- And a detailed report on your language skills and an ebook with some recommendations and digital tools to help improve your English
Report – English Language Audit
Can I show my report to the recruiters?
Yes, as long as you’re aware that it has no legal value. It is not a language certificate but an evaluation made by a freelance language teacher. That said, I’m sure your recruiters will find it super useful.
Who is the language audit for?
- Non-English speaking job seekers or career changers who want to find out whether they have the right language skills for a job where English is required
- Recent graduates who would like to know exactly what their English level is before they start searching for a job
My students apply for jobs in both their native countries and abroad.
How much does it cost?
You can pay by PayPal or credit card.
Ebook – English Language Audit
How do I get started?
If you’re in, here’s how it works.
- Email me at alexandra[at]visualenglishschool.com
- Within one working day, you’ll receive an email from me with all the information regarding the language audit, a link to pay by PayPal or credit card, and a link to my online calendar where you can schedule your one-to-one session with me.
- Once you’ve made your payment, you’ll receive your online test.
- After your test, we’ll have an informal and stress-free one-hour video call on Zoom when I will assess your speaking skills (coffee and chocolate are permitted!).
- At the end of the language audit, you’ll get a detailed report and a beautifully designed ebook with recommendations on how you can improve your English, as well as loads of digital resources.
I can’t wait for us to work together. Let’s get started right now!