Learn online from the comfort of your home or office.
Let’s improve your conversational English through beautiful short films and personalized one-on-one English classes!
One-to-one lessons + films
I offer one-to-one lessons (60 minutes) via Skype and Zoom.
I’ll create a selection of short films (10-15 minutes long) considering your interests and language level. You’ll have to watch amazing short films every week and our conversation lessons will be based on the topic of the film.
Many films are Oscar- or BAFTA-nominated or have been featured at prestigious film festivals like Sundance, so they’re high-quality films, not YouTube-style videos.
Movies can spark amazing discussions and you can significantly improve your speaking and listening skills this way.
I think one of the reasons you find it really hard to understand movies and native speakers is that there’s a huge gap between textbook and real-life English.
During our lessons, you’ll learn colloquial expressions, and see how people use vocabulary and grammar in spoken English. So, we’ll focus mainly on conversational (“real-life”) English.
30 euros per hour
My 1:1 students can also have access to the Short Movie Club online course where you can review grammar and vocabulary through beautiful short films and movie-based exercises.
You’ll be required to purchase at least 10 lessons. You can pay with PayPal or credit card.
Schedule your trial lesson!
Let’s discover whether we’re a good fit for each other. I offer a FREE 30-minute trial lesson to determine your current speaking skills and to talk about your language learning goals.
What makes this language school unique?
- It’s the first online school dedicated exclusively to English learners who want to learn the language through artistic and independent short films.
- We use movie scripts actively during our lessons.
- I write all the learning materials, workbooks, and create film-based exercises for my students. NO traditional textbooks!
- The lessons are focused on improving your listening and conversation skills. (The two pain points of many English learners.)
- It’s a friendly, informal and small language school in this big online world.
- We believe in tolerance, creativity, and we embrace the unordinary.
If that sounds good to you, let’s get started right now!
Do you have any questions?
Contact me at alexandra(at)visualenglishschool.com
(Potete scrivermi anche in italiano.)