Learn English through cinema!
I started using short films with my students a decade ago.
No matter the age or the level, they got better results than those who studied English with only textbooks and CDs. They did particularly well in the speaking and listening parts of their exams.
They were also more engaged and motivated during the lessons. I couldn’t believe it. We all felt jazzed up during the classes. My students were having fun, spoke the language more confidently, and understood native speakers better.
I must say it was definitely not a one-night success, but the results were so encouraging that I started Visual English School. Now I teach English exclusively with short films.
One-to-one lessons + films
I offer one-to-one lessons (60 minutes) via Skype and Zoom.
I’ll create a selection of short films (10-15 minutes long) considering your interests and language level. You’ll have to watch amazing short films every week and our conversation lessons will be based on the topic of the film.
Many films are Oscar- or BAFTA-nominated or have been featured at prestigious film festivals like Sundance, so they’re high-quality films, not YouTube-style videos.
Movies can spark amazing discussions and you can significantly improve your speaking and listening skills this way.
I think one of the reasons you find it really hard to understand movies and native speakers is that there’s a huge gap between textbook and real-life English.
During our lessons, you’ll learn colloquial expressions, slang, and see how people use grammar in spoken English. So, we’ll focus mainly on conversational (“real-life”) English.
More about the lessons
One-month package – 120 euros
The monthly package includes:
- Weekly 60-minute individual classes (so 4 one-to-one lessons a month)
- the recording of the lessons
- class notes
- film-based exercises and quizzes on the school’s platform (a password-protected account).
You’ll be required to purchase a monthly package in advance. Then you can decide whether you want to continue or not. You can pay with PayPal or credit card.
The programme is for you if:
- You have at least a pre-intermediate level.
- You’re highly motivated.
- You’d like to reach an advanced level in English and improve your speaking and listening skills.
- You are a film lover.
The programme is NOT for you if:
- You are a complete beginner.
- You’re not ready to invest in your English studies.
Schedule your trial lesson!
Let’s discover whether we’re a good fit for each other. I offer a FREE 30-minute trial lesson to determine your current speaking skills and to talk about your language learning goals. No commitment! After the trial lesson, you can decide whether you want to start learning English with me or not.
What makes this language school unique?
- It’s the first online school dedicated exclusively to English learners who want to learn the language through artistic and independent short films.
- We use movie scripts actively during our lessons.
- I write all the learning materials, workbooks, and create film-based exercises for my students. NO traditional textbooks!
- The lessons are focused on improving your listening and conversation skills. (The two pain points of many English learners.)
- It’s a friendly, informal and small language school in this big online world.
- We believe in tolerance, creativity, and we embrace the unordinary.
If that sounds good to you, let’s get started right now!
Do you have any questions?
Contact me at email@example.com
(Potete scrivermi anche in italiano.)